Saturday, January 26, 2008

What my name would have been * ~

Abigail Thien May-Jiuan , that's my name .

But yesterday i found out some stuff from my mum . Well , for those of you who don't know ... My dad is Chinese and my mum is Eurasian / Portuguese . So therefor i'm mixed , but technically in this country every child must follow the fathers side . Normally that means you follow your fathers race and your fathers name .

Neways since my mothers side is Eurasian / Portuguese , they have the benefit of having ASB ( ) . But since I have a Chinese name i'm not allowed to have ASB . What i found out from my mum is that she originally wanted to put my name as Abigail Silva Thien , so i'll have ASB in the future . I was so shocked and at the same time asking my mother why she didnt give me that name . Silva is my mother's sides family name . But my father wanted me to have a chinese name . Dont get me wrong , i love my name... but the thought that i could have ASB but i didn't is kinda depressing . I mean c'mon , the benefits are really good and the interest is damn high .

Guess everything happens for a reason .

No comments: